Thursday, September 20, 2007

Kid Nation
or How I spent my summer vacation


After all the hoopla surrounding this show I really wanted to check it and see what all of the fuss was about. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a great social experiment (in the way that I love watching Survivor and seeing the interaction between the participants) and a great way for the new generation to learn some lessons and grow.

I think that taking today's " Generation Y " and making them work and run their town will make for some great moments and I love the idea that no one is voted off, but the kids can opt to quit and leave if they don't feel they can make it. The Gold Star reward (valued at 20,000 $ !) will be huge incentive for the kids to hang around and I can only see this getting more and more interesting to watch. My favorite kid to watch so far is Jared from Georgia and he pretty much had me in hysterics from when he first appeared on screen. This year is turning out to be a great one for geeks & nerds !