Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Rant - Mini-rant

Just a quick note as it has been an incredibly busy week and I have not had the time to catch up on all the Watch List nor have the time to rant about what happened this past week ... but here is a quick overview of what I managed to take in and what worked (and didn't) for me this week. This time around in will be in simple point form and the shows are rated from ☼ to ☼☼☼☼☼ . ☼☼☼☼☼ means it was absolutely fracking fantabulous and if something gets rated ☼ it means that I probably want that hour of my life back. Let the games begin!

Sunday I caught up with the Amazing Race (always high on my list ☼☼☼☼) and then that great episode of Desperate Housewives which was such a winner it got ☼☼☼☼☼. Edie still looks alive (or was twitching in her death throes at the end of the episode) so was this just some of the hype concerning the death of her character and her departure or was it only a publicity stunt or is there more to this story? I can hardly wait until the next episode to see how they tie things up.

Monday brought another great edition of Dancing with the Stars, but I am still bummed that Woz and some of the other pseudo celebrities are still there. I look forward to when the herd gets culled a bit more and we get into the Top 6 -- the competition is still great fun and always dependable. Tom Bergeron is hilarious -- and because of him I am giving the show ☼☼☼½. Chuck is disappointing me with too much repetition of the Chuck/Sarah relationship on again off again thing ( I hate angst) but redeemed itself with the live appearance of the tiny General and the nerd off between rival BuyMore stores. ☼☼☼ for this one, and the same thing for Heroes as they finally pulled out some action and oomphed up the story (finally) that redeemed some of this disaster of a season. Nice to see that my theories of Rebel turning out to be true, but hate that Daphne got bumped off. You win some and you lose some.

Tuesday brought the unexpected season finale of the
Rick Mercer Report ( ☼☼☼☼) and the Dancing with the Stars Results Show. I gasped when it was fellow E network Stars Holly and Denise were pitted against each other in the Dance Off and am bummed that Denise is gone, but only because she was partnered with Maks. Holly may be next if Woz keeps getting by. The guy must be buying votes or all the nerds have the voting on speed dial.

Wednesday brought Lost ( ☼☼☼☼☼) and an astounding episode that makes me question how much of this was destined to happen or are they changing history? This show is blowing my mind.

Make me a Supermodel is thrilling me with this year's crop of talent, and I love the photo shoots. It was too much fun to see the winners get to come to Montréal for Fashion Week. This season is just as fun as the first one, but with our little gay boy eliminated, there will not be the same kind of bro-mance as last year. Colin is too cute as our virginal boy - but will be gone soon, but probably after Gabriel who can only pout and look emo, Jonathan is turning the heat up and may be the first guy to win the competition. South Park has been even more scathing this season and their Margaritaville episode was a tour de force. Absolutely outstanding work and brilliant parody. ☼☼☼☼☼

Thursday was Smallville and the much lauded appearance of Zatanna that was okay (her costume was great but the character was not used very much) but I liked the development with Chloe. Watchtower online! ☼☼☼½. Supernatural was astounding this week and it was another great episode that had better continuity to the big storyline and the guys have such great chemistry together. ☼☼☼☼

I am still catching up on Friday -- more to follow later this week!