Thursday, November 06, 2008

So you think you can dance Canada - Top Twelve

This week was the final one for the couples that we know -- it all changes next week with the Top Ten and changing partners. It will be a huge challenge for some of the dancers, and it should be hot to see the chemistry between some of the dancers. I assume that they will stay in typical "straight couple" mode and we won't see any same sex couples which is a real shame, there is some interesting dancing that could be the end result of mixing it up.

Maybe next season.

I am pretty sure that at least one of the choices made in who was eliminated was wrong, and I am still pretty upset that Francis and Lara were chosen to leave. Lara was my favorite and crafty acrobatic contemporary dancer who was poetry in motion... while Francis, our Ballroom guy, was amazing on the dance floor and showed he was more than a simple ballroom dancer. Why Izaak was kept instead of Francis is beyond me. I voted until my fingers bled (literally) and am still really surprised with the out come.

That's the risks of reality television... you have to vote to make sure your favorites stay.. and it appears that Francis didn't get enough.

Congrats to our dancers that made it through --- I am looking forward to the next part of the competition and if Blake's outstanding opening number from this week's elimination episode is any indication, we are in for some great dancing.