Saturday, January 05, 2008

Random Surfing - How to look Good Naked

I will admit that I did go out of my way to make sure that I saw the inaugural episode of the series, it was really to see Carson, who I have loved since I saw the first episode of Queer Eye. Out of the Fab 5, he was my favorite bitchy yet supportive girlfriend and I admired his fashion chutzpah.

I was not expecting, however, how much I would actually enjoy the show and I have to give credit to Lifetime for putting on a show that celebrates dare we say.... average women and is what they call an "internal and external makeover". Don't read anything naughty into that, because it's really about self esteem, learning how to love one's self and how to dress smartly.

Will I follow it regular? No.... makeover shows are really not my thing (unless it's a train wreck of a show!) but if I catch one here and there I know I will leave happy, and I think the world is a better place having a show like this.