Saturday, December 01, 2007

Stargate Atlantis - Miller's Crossing

I can't say that I have been loving this season of SG Atlantis. The story lines seem to be off this season, and I am not sure if it is because the character of Dr.Weir is no longer there, or just the way the episodes are being more character driven than big picture... the worst part is that there is a new commanding officer Col. Samantha Carter who is rarely around... why have the big name come over from SG1 and then not use the character?

Anyways this episode was all about McKay's sister being kidnapped and forced to help scientist's daughter dying of cancer and some nanobot stuff. I was not too impressed with the story... the only thing that I liked was the change of venue to Vancouver (where the show is filmed) and seeing the cast in regular clothes was a change... although I prefer when they are on Atlantis or on some world far far away. It was kind of risque for them to have Rodney tasered with all the bad press recently don't you think? I think even Sheppard was bored in this episode as you can see him reading a newspaper and as much as I love our resident Canadian character I didn't think it was that great of an episode (except when his sister called him Nancy Drew) and it left me as unfulfilled as I have most of this season.... something is off with the writing or maybe I miss the chemistry with Weir and the gang... at least according to the preview she is supposed to pop up next week...