Monday, November 12, 2007

Amazing Race - There's another use for that pole...

Things got a lot messier and uglier on the second episode of the Race. I am not sure if it's just me, but it seems like there are way more teams in meltdown mode already (and it's only week 2) than I have seen in previous editions. Still, it's one of the better reality shows out there and our trip to Holland was pretty nifty.

I won't make the obvious jokes about the Dykes being eliminated in Holland... that would be snarky even for me (hee hee), but I was hoping for most of the second challenge (the pole vault over the canal) that Christina would take the pole and beat her father to death with it. Archie Bunker comparisons be damned, Ronald is a mean, mean father who continually puts his daughter down and had me cringing everytime he opened his mouth. I hope they leave soon as I am not sure if I want to watch this kind of family dynamic each week.

As you can see by my choice of image, things got real messy in the challenge and when Gramps decided to strip down to complete it, and Nicolas said it best when he said that " anger and frustration paid off in the end" when they completed the challenge.

Kynt and Vyxsin were great, handling the challenges well and sticking around the middle of the pack, and had me in stitches with Kynt's comment that he was more of a prissy kind of guy and not really into getting dirty.

Another week and more great visits to other countries.. I wonder who will meltdown next week?